Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Public Notices: Tuesday, February 5th, 2013
|Public Notices Published Tuesday, February 5th, 2013CROWVILLE FIRE DISTRICT|
P.O. BOX 297
CROWVILLE, LA. 71230
Minutes of special call meeting dated January 24, 2013 at 7:30 a.m., Crowville Fire Station.
Board members present: Kelly Clark, Dewayne Hendry, Don Middleton & Colby Peppers.
Guests present: Roy McDuffie, advisor to the Board & Daniel Fuller, Central Fireman.
Business discussed and/or acted on by Board:
1. Kelly Clark, president of board, called a special meeting to discuss a required election to continue fire protection for Fire District #1 beyond 2013.
2. According to Sam Wiggins, Sec./Treas. of Franklin Parish Police Jury, possible election dates are May 4, 2012 and November 16, 2013. The deadline for the necessary paperwork to be completed for the May election is March 19, 2013; for the November election, this date is October 1, 2013. This process takes at least a month if all goes well.
3. Colby Peppers proposed that we try for the May 4, 2013 election date, seconded by Don Middleton. Motion passed with no descent.
4. Don Middleton proposed that we ask the voter to approve a 4 mill property tax to finance the District fire Protection due to the delinquency rate (20%) and the time consuming process in the present parcel fee system. The board recognizes the reluctance of voters to vote a property tax believing that a service to all citizens should be paid by all citizens. However, this is an idealistic argument not a practical one. In any community, responsible citizens carry the load for that community. So the board has to deal with what is actual and not with the ideal. We are all too familiar with the weakness of the present parcel fee approach. After some discussion on procedure, Dewayne Hendry seconded the motion. Proposal was passed with Colby Peppers abstaining.
5. According to Sam Wiggins, if property tax is chosen and approved by the voter, funds would be available early 2014, but if held in November, 2013, funds would not be available until December, 2014. The District would be under a financial bind to operate a year without funds.
6. Kelly Clark assigned Don Middleton the task of phoning Foley & Judell to get the process started.
Don Middleton, Sec./Treas.
STATE OF LOUISIANA
PARISH OF FRANKLIN
FIFTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT
LOTHERD LARRY HITT
PROBATE NO. 42,286
NOTICE OF PUBLICATION
Notice is hereby given that Linda C. Hitt, the duly appointed Provisional Administratrix, has petitioned this Court for authority to sell farm equipment and vehicles at public auction conducted by Y&L Auction Company, with the highest bidder to receive the item.
THE succession reserved the right to terminate the sale if the last and final bid is not of sufficient value for the particular farm equipment or farm vehicle being sold.
Notice is hereby given to all those whom it may concern that they are required to make opposition, if any they have or can, to such course and proposed sale seven (7) days, including Sundays and holidays, from the date whereon the last publication of this notice appears.
THUS DONE AND SIGNED in Winnsboro, Louisiana on this, the 1st day of February, 2013.
Clerk, Fifth District Court
Parish of Franklin
State of Louisiana
STATE OF LOUISIANA * FIFTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT * FRANKLIN PARISH
Franklin State Bank & Trust Company
V. DOCKET NO C-42931
James Michael Wooldridge
By virtue of a WRIT OF SEIZURE AND SALE, to me directed by the honorable Fifth District Court of Louisiana, in and for the Parish of Franklin, I will offer for sale at public auction, at the front door of the Courthouse, in the City of Winnsboro, Franklin Parish, Louisiana, on Wednesday the 20th day of February, AD, 2013, within legal sale hours, the following described property, to-wit:
One (1) 2009 GMC PK, VIN 1GTEC19C79Z142922
seized in the above styled suit. Terms of the sale, cash, with the benefit of appraisal.
Kevin W. Cobb
Sheriff and Ex-Officio Tax Collector
Franklin Parish, Louisiana
Done in my office in the City of Winnsboro, Parish of Franklin, Fifth Judicial District, State of Louisiana on the 1st day of February, 2013.
By David Wm. Rigdon, Deputy Sheriff
The Chairman of the Northeast Soil and Water Conservation District will convene a Locally Led Conservation Meeting from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at the Police Jury Room inside the Franklin Parish Courthouse in Winnsboro, Louisiana.
The meeting is open to the public. Come and voice your interests and concerns. To find out more about the Locally led Conservation Meeting, please call (318)435-6743 Ext. 3.
All programs and services of the U.S. Department of Agriculture are offered and available on a non-discriminatory basis.
(NOTICE OF INTENTION TO INTRODUCE BILL-SLS 13RS-99)
Public notice is hereby given, as provided by R.S. 47:1907.1, that there will be introduced at the forthcoming session of the Legislature of Louisiana, to be convened on April 8, 2013, a bill to authorize assessors in the state to increase their annual salary compensation up to four percent annually for the next four years; and to provide for related matters.
2-6 & 2-13 2tb
I, William Thames, have been convicted of 14:81 INDECENT BEHAVIOR WITH JUVENILES on March 8, 2002.
My Address is: 700 Seymore Rd., Baskin, LA 71219
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown