Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Mangham alumnus creates scholarships
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- April 29th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 22nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 21 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- April 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 25 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 1st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Mangham alumnus creates scholarships|
Mangham High School has received an endowment of $10,000 from alumnus Thomas Lafayette Searcy to be used for two $1,000 scholarships to be given annually to seniors who will be pursuing further education.
One scholarship will go to a senior from the high school and the second to a senior from the Richland Agriscience and Career Center at Archibald.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for our students," said Richland Parish School Board President Patricia Jordan. "Not only does a college-bound senior get a scholarship, so does a student who is going to a technical college."
The scholarships are in honor of Bennie Hixon, former principal of Mangham High School and Col. Odell Deville, former agriculture teacher at MHS.
Searcy, Hixon and Deville will be recognized at a school assembly at 9 a.m. at MHS gym, followed by a reception in the cafeteria.
An open house will be held at the career center from 1 to 2 p.m.
Jordan said donations to the scholarship fund are welcome at any time.
"This allows other alumni and friends of Mangham High School, Mr. Hixon or Mr. Deville to honor them with donations for the scholarships," Jordan said.
To make donations, send checks to Pam Shepherd, assistant principal, Mangham High School, P.O. Box 348, Mangham, LA, 71259.
For more information about the scholarships, contact Jordan at email@example.com.