Are you taking an out-of-state summer vacation?|
Story Archives: FMC health fair March 14
- 2013 - 385 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 19 articles
- March 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- March 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- March 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|FMC health fair March 14|
Franklin Parish Medical Center is sponsoring the "Spring Into Health" community health fair on Friday, March 14, according to Debbie Elrod, R.N., one of the event's organizers.
Vendors representing businesses and agencies which promote health and wellbeing will be at the event, offering free information and in some cases, free services.
"All of the vendors will have information they will be sharing with the public and there will be free screenings for cholesterol, blood sugar and PSA levels," Elrod said.
The event will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Family Life Center of First Pentecostal Church on Loop Road.
"The last spring health fair we hosted, more than 500 people attended and we had about 90 vendors. We expect at least that much this year," she said.
LifeShare will be at the event accepting blood donations and all departments of the medical center will have booths set up with healthcare information available.
The event is free and open to the public. Those interested in being vendors or sponsors are asked to call Sam Wiggins at 318-435-9411, ext. 265
"We are looking forward to a huge event this year, and hope everyone interested in their health, their family's or loved one's health will attend. This is one of the few times there will be so many representatives of different aspects of healthcare in one location," Elrod said.