Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Bowl games are hit and miss
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- December 2012 - 63 articles
- December 31st, 2012 (Monday) - 3 articles
- December 27th, 2012 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- December 26th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- December 23rd, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 20th, 2012 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- December 19th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- December 18th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- December 13th, 2012 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- December 12th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- December 11th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 7th, 2012 (Friday) - 13 articles
- December 6th, 2012 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- December 4th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 2012 - 69 articles
- October 2012 - 121 articles
- September 2012 - 100 articles
- August 2012 - 106 articles
- July 2012 - 86 articles
- June 2012 - 72 articles
- May 2012 - 125 articles
- April 2012 - 96 articles
- March 2012 - 106 articles
- February 2012 - 124 articles
- January 2012 - 92 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Bowl games are hit and miss|
December 15 at Noon to be exact.
The Gildan New Mexico Bowl kicks off the bowl season, while the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (is the trophy a spud?) follows at 3:30 p.m.
Then we are in for 33 bowls over the next the next 23 days.
Every bowl game will have a sponsor. Although I do have to give some props to the Cotton Bowl which is now the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
Heart of Dallas is a nonprofit that's all of 65 days old, formed with the intention of raising money that will be dispensed to the likes of MDHA and other local charities. And it will be a year-round entity with corporate support that happens to have a bowl game.
At least it's not self-serving.
I'm still shocked there is no Walmart Bowl. If the state of Arkansas ever lands a bowl, you can bet that will be the name. Of course it would only be fitting that three-fourths of the concession stands would not have anyone working there and the express ticket lane would have an extended family of 50 waiting to walk through the gate.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Franklin Sun's NEW E-Edition!