Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Parish Prep Preview: Week Ten
- 2013 - 320 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- December 2012 - 63 articles
- November 2012 - 69 articles
- November 28th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- November 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- November 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- November 11th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 10th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 9th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- November 7th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 5th, 2012 (Monday) - 2 articles
- November 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- November 3rd, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- Parish Prep Preview: Week Ten
- November 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- October 2012 - 121 articles
- September 2012 - 100 articles
- August 2012 - 106 articles
- July 2012 - 86 articles
- June 2012 - 72 articles
- May 2012 - 125 articles
- April 2012 - 96 articles
- March 2012 - 106 articles
- February 2012 - 124 articles
- January 2012 - 92 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Parish Prep Preview: Week Ten|
Local gridiron action on tap tonight.
Franklin Parish (7-2, 2-1 in 2-4A) at Bastrop (7-2, 2-1)
Time: 7 p.m. at Ram Stadium
Last week: Franklin Parish lost to Neville, 28-0. Bastrop edged Wossman, 21-18.
Last year: Bastrop won, 30-24.
Just so you know: Bastrop has won all seven meetings since Franklin Parish joined Class 4A in 2005 with five victories of 20 points or more. The past two seasons, the Rams have only bested the Patriots by a single score or less. If FP wins tonight, it will be the first time the Patriots have finished better than third in their district, on the field, since joining 2-4A.
What/who to watch: FRANKLIN PARISH - Deon White and Marcus Bingham, RBs: The Patriots most dependable wheels on their rushing machine had flat tires last week, forcing FP to try and replace 1,800 yards of offense with three sophomore backs with little playing time. White and Bingham will both be game-time decisions against Bastrop. BASTROP - Jatavious Wilson, WR: The top receiver in the area with 1,092 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns.
Prediction: FP wins a thiller, 26-22.
Holy Savior Menard (7-2, 3-1 in 4-2A) at Mangham (8-1, 3-1 in 3-1A)
Time: 7 p.m. at Dragon Stadium
Last week: Menard beat Red River, 56-28. Mangham beat Delhi, 28-8.
Last year: Mangham won, 24-21.
Just so you know: Menard is having its best run in decades, considered a top 10 team in Class 2A through much of the season. Mangham hopes for a win to improve its No. 5 unofficial power ranking. The Dragons loss to Oak Grove last month was their first regular season falter in two years.
What/Who to watch: MANGHAM - Jonathon Staten, DE: The 2011 all-stater has the rangy size of speed of Barkevious Mingo of LSU and has scored three touchdowns on fumble recoveries this season. Chris Hardman, RB: A steady rushing option that has accounted for 13 Dragon TDs this season.
Prediction: Mangham wins with defense, 22-14.
Delhi Charter (3-6, 1-2 in 3-1A) at Delhi (1-8, 1-2)
Time: 7 p.m. at Bear Field
Last week: Delhi Charter beat Tensas, 40-0. Delhi lost to Mangham, 28-8.
Last year: Delhi Charter won 22-7.
Just so you know: Delhi Charter has topped its cross-interstate rivals for the last seven seasons. The Gators are 7-1 all-time against the Bears. Delhi won the first contest ever between the two schools in 2005, but have lost every contest since, and by an average margin of over 30 points. The Gators, ranked No.32 in most unofficial power rankings of Class 1A, are in a must win situation if they want to make the playoffs.
Prediction: Delhi Charter wins, 30-12.
No. 3 Franklin Academy (8-1, 6-1 in MAIS 6-1A 8-Man) at No. 1 Russell Academy, Miss. (11-0, 8-0 in MAIS 5-1A 8-Man)
Time: 7 p.m. at Russell Academy in Meridian, Miss.
Last week: FA beat Marvell Academy (Ark.), 52-20. Russell beat Sharkey Issaquena, 53-14.
Last year: Did not play
Just so you know: Franklin Academy is in the semi-finals of the 8-Man MAIS league for the second consecutive season, after faltering to the eventual state champion Tensas Academy Chiefs last year. The Cougars rushing game is averaging over 280 ypg this season and rolled up 333 yards on the ground in their playoff win last week. Russell is widely considered as the favorite to win the title this season, with one of the most physical and largest offensive lines in 8-man football.
Prediction: Russell wins, 34-24.
Area scores from Thursday night:
OCS 57, Grambling 6
St. Freds 40, Montgomery 30
Ouachita 38, Richwood 6