Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Dabo's idea would spice up the Spring
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- December 2012 - 63 articles
- November 2012 - 69 articles
- October 2012 - 121 articles
- September 2012 - 100 articles
- August 2012 - 106 articles
- July 2012 - 86 articles
- June 2012 - 72 articles
- May 2012 - 125 articles
- April 2012 - 96 articles
- April 25th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 20 articles
- April 23rd, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 19th, 2012 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- April 18th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- April 17th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 13th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 12th, 2012 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- April 5th, 2012 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 25 articles
- March 2012 - 106 articles
- February 2012 - 124 articles
- January 2012 - 92 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Dabo's idea would spice up the Spring|
Interesting idea for future spring football games.
But I'm not holding my breath. I just can't see the NCAA going along with this one. Unless they get a big cut out of the gate.
Clemson's Dabo Swinney has brought up the idea of the NCAA permitting a spring scrimmage against another team.
I'm sure others have come up with the idea, but Swinney is taking it by the horns.
Dabo proposes that college football teams have the option of a spring game against themselves or another team. If you play another team, it must be both an out-of-conference team but also one within a reasonable driving distance. The coaches will agree upon the rules of the scrimmage in advance.
First of all, I can hear the detractors now -- what if someone gets a serious injury? Where do you play the game? What about the guys who will not see any action that may have had extensive playing time in an intrasquad game?
For the full story, subscribe to the The Franklin Sun's NEW E-Edition!