Story Archives: Furniture movers save family from fire
|Furniture movers save family from fire|
Two local furniture movers are starting 2011 with a new title — heroes — after saving a family from a fire on Christmas Eve that brought the roof of an apartment crashing down.
Chad Jones and Jarrod Jimerson, employees of Ivan Smith Furniture, were moving a child's bed into 1803 Peter St.in Winnsboro on the day before Christmas when they noticed the smell of smoke and flames licking the top of the apartment.
What they didn''t know was that inside the renter, Kistassja Moore, was asleep with her two small children unaware that their home had caught fire. The two men rushed inside and alerted Moore of the danger, grabbed the children — boys ages 6-years-old and nine months — from their bedroom and carried them outside to safety as the fire in the apartment's attic raged.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Franklin Sun's NEW E-Edition!