Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Patriots over Rams, 9-3
- 2013 - 320 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- December 2010 - 67 articles
- November 2010 - 50 articles
- October 2010 - 65 articles
- September 2010 - 62 articles
- August 2010 - 77 articles
- July 2010 - 58 articles
- June 2010 - 77 articles
- May 2010 - 63 articles
- April 2010 - 85 articles
- March 2010 - 90 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- March 29th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 19 articles
- March 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- February 2010 - 60 articles
- January 2010 - 56 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Patriots over Rams, 9-3|
The Franklin Parish Patriots (10-13) will return to the baseball field Thursday when they head to Wossman High School in Monroe for a district 3-4A contest.
The Patriots broke a three-game losing streak on Saturday with a 9-3 win over the Bastrop Rams.
The Patriots had lost to the Rayville Hornets, 9-6, and a pair of district games to Bastrop (9-4, 7-0) before breaking through with their first district victory of the season on Saturday afternoon.
The offensive outburst by the Patriots was a sign of life for a team that had scored just 10 runs in three previous contests combined.
Chris Austin has been solid at the plate for the Patriots in district play.
Austin is hitting .350 with nine RBIs and nine stolen bases in 2010.
Tyler Dooley has been incredibly effecient at the plate as well. Dooley is hitting .300 with eight RBIs and six swiped bases of his own this season.
Brian Moroni has caught the attention of many of the areas coaches and is still making noise with the bat.
Moroni is hitting .298 with a team-high 15 RBIs in 2010.
Pitching has been the achilles heel of the Patriots this season.
The Patriot's team ERA stands at 6.75 as of press time. The Patriots have no pitcher with an ERA under 3.15 that has pitched more than two innings. The top pitcher on the staff now is Mason Liles.
Liles has a 3.15 ERA and 42 strikeouts through 26.2 innings pitched. Liles goes into the second district weekend as the ace of the staff.
Wossman is 1-6 on the season. The Wildcats were blasted in their district opening series last week.
West Ouachita beat the Wildcats 21-0 and 17-1 to begin district 3-4A competition.
The Wossman pitching staff has been up and down all season long. Wossman has given up an average of 10.71 runs per game this season. Opponents have scored seven or more runs against Wossman in each of the last five outings.
The teams will conclude the three-game series on Saturday with a double-header in Winnsboro beginning at 12 p.m.