Are you taking an out-of-state summer vacation?|
Story Archives: Jindal to speak at chamber on April 1st
- 2013 - 378 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- December 2010 - 67 articles
- November 2010 - 50 articles
- October 2010 - 65 articles
- September 2010 - 62 articles
- August 2010 - 77 articles
- July 2010 - 58 articles
- June 2010 - 77 articles
- May 2010 - 63 articles
- April 2010 - 85 articles
- March 2010 - 90 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- March 29th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 19 articles
- March 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- February 2010 - 60 articles
- January 2010 - 56 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Jindal to speak at chamber on April 1st|
Gov. Bobby Jindal, as promised, will be making a stop in Winnsboro on April Fool's Day, to speak to the Winnsboro-Franklin Parish Chamber of Commerce.
The event will be held at noon April 1 at First Baptist Church of Winnsboro, 502 Highland St.
Jindal who served as keynote speaker in 2008 and 2009 for the chamber's annual banquet cancelled his planned appearance at this year's event, citing scheduling conflicts.
Because Jindal couldn't make the banquet, the chamber decided to hold a special event for the governor, said Howard Dee Smith, president of the Winnsboro-Franklin Chamber of Commerce.
"We are excited to be able to welcome the governor here. He is an excellent speaker and has been to Winnsboro several times since he has become governor," Smith said, "We are always excited to see him come here."
The Jindal luncheon will be catered by Thurman Dickey. Tickets, which are $25 for chamber members and $30 for non-members, can be purchased at the chamber office, 3830 Front St. in Winnsboro or from any board member. Corporate sponsors may reserve a table for seven for $400.
U.S. Rep. Rodney Alexander, R-Quitman, was able to fill in for Jindal at the banquet, held March 8 at the church, in which new officers were installed.
Smith was named the chamber's president for 2010, replacing Lindy Price.
Blake Kramer was named vice president and Stephen Pylant was named treasurer.
The remaining board members for 2010 include Karl Broussard, Eric Day, DeLayne Donnell, Susan Easterling, Kay Huff, Jacqueline Johnson, Christy Montgomery, Paul Price, Jr., Sherry Anders Randall, Nathan Roberts, Lester Thomas and Dustin Wright.
Ex-Officio members include Kay LaFrance-Knight and Lindy Price.