Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Parker excels on Q&A site, garners numerous awards
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- December 2010 - 67 articles
- November 2010 - 50 articles
- October 2010 - 65 articles
- September 2010 - 62 articles
- August 2010 - 77 articles
- July 2010 - 58 articles
- June 2010 - 77 articles
- May 2010 - 63 articles
- April 2010 - 85 articles
- March 2010 - 90 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- March 29th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 19 articles
- March 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- February 2010 - 60 articles
- January 2010 - 56 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Parker excels on Q&A site, garners numerous awards|
Joyce Parker of Winnsboro is at it again, raking in more awards for her contributions to one of the fastest growing Q&A sites on the Internet.
WikiAnswers.com provides answers to visitor queries that cover a range of 6,000 topics with more than 4,500,000 registered members. The site offers contributors from all over the world and all walks of life.
Parker joined the Wiki family in 2008 where she was quickly promoted through the ranks to become a supervisor and mentor to other contributors. Parker received two WAmmy Awards for Best Answer of the Year and Best Advice Answer of the Year during her first year.
In 2009, she won Answer of the Year to the question: "What are the signs of child abuse and how can you help the abused child to overcome the harm it has caused?" She also received a WAmmy Award for Best Advice Answer to the question: "How do you explain to young children that their parents are getting divorced to make the transition as easy on them as possible?"
Parker's work has not gone unnoticed by her peers either, garnering two more nominations for "Best Contributor in a Supporting Role," and "Best How to Answer" for her submission to the question: "How can one have a fulfilling marriage despite all the odds that bedevil you everywhere?"
Most recently, Parker received the "Going the Extra Mile" badge for her efforts in researching the number of people in Louisiana with Down syndrome. Parker is only the fourth contributor to receive this award.
Parker resides in Winnsboro with her husband and two pugs, Sadie Mei and Sophie Linh; and two boxers, Ben and Maddy. When she's not researching for WikiAnswers.com, Parker enjoys cake decorating, photography and going to the movies.