Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Gators to host Oak Grove
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- December 2010 - 67 articles
- November 2010 - 50 articles
- October 2010 - 65 articles
- September 2010 - 62 articles
- August 2010 - 77 articles
- July 2010 - 58 articles
- June 2010 - 77 articles
- May 2010 - 63 articles
- April 2010 - 85 articles
- March 2010 - 90 articles
- March 31st, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- March 29th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- March 17th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- March 10th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 19 articles
- March 8th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 5th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- February 2010 - 60 articles
- January 2010 - 56 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Gators to host Oak Grove|
The Delhi Charter Gators (6-6) will be continuing the district portion of their schedule on Thursday night when they host the Oak Grove Tigers (7-5). The Gators are coming off a third-place finish at the Mathew Johnston Memorial Tournament played at Franklin Parish High School in Winnsboro last weekend.
After blasting past Rayville 10-0 earlier in the week, the Gators entered the Winnsboro tournament with a renewed sense of optimisim about the weekend. In all, the Gators won two in a row, also downing Caldwell Parish 9-7 to begin the weekend. The Gators were knocked from the championship bracket on Friday with a loss to the Bastrop Rams, 5-1.
Delhi Charter threatened with runners on base several times, but could never get enough hits strung together to mount a serious comeback against a Bastrop team that advanced all the way to the championship game before losing to the Franklin Parish Patriots, 6-5.
Delhi Charter picked up a third-place finish when they downed the Rayville Hornets Saturday, 10-7. Delhi Charter outscored opponents 24-15 during the Mathew Johnston Tournament.
The Gators will be looking to improve their pitching and fielding as they begin district against an Oak Grove team that is scoring an average of 6.4 runs per game. The Oak Grove pitching staff has gone through some growing pains in the last two weeks. Oak Grove has given up 8.4 runs per game over the last two weeks and has surrendered 10 or more runs in four games. Most of those runs were against some of the top teams in the state such as Class 3A power Eunice and Class 2A title contender Calvary Baptist during the Trey Altick Memorial Tournament in Monroe two weeks ago.
After hosting Oak Grove on Thursday night at 6 p.m. the Gators will finish the district series at Oak Grove on Saturday at 12 p.m.