Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Patriots blank Delhi Charter, prepare for playoffs
- 2013 - 320 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- December 2009 - 62 articles
- November 2009 - 62 articles
- October 2009 - 68 articles
- September 2009 - 77 articles
- August 2009 - 66 articles
- July 2009 - 49 articles
- June 2009 - 67 articles
- May 2009 - 58 articles
- April 2009 - 77 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 2009 - 69 articles
- February 2009 - 65 articles
- January 2009 - 59 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Patriots blank Delhi Charter, prepare for playoffs|
The Franklin Parish Patriots (14-15, 6-6) split a pair of games last week and are now looking ahead in anticipation as the playoff brackets will be released soon.
The Patriots lost to the Mangham Dragons (23-7, 6-0) by a score of 11-0 last week in game where Franklin Parish bats grew cold against solid Mangham defense and pitching.
The loss was the third of the season to Mangham, currently ranked No.2 in Class 1A, and gave the Patriot coaches some things to work on as the playoffs approach.
Franklin Parish completely reversed their fortunes on Friday night with a 7-0 blistering of the Delhi Charter Gators (12-10, 2-4).
Everything seemed to go the Patriots' way against the Gators. Jordan Temple, Ethan Bass, Jonathan Eaton, and Christian Eaton all gave multi-hit performances for Franklin Parish.
Franklin Parish finished up in third-place in district 2-4A behind champion West Ouachita and Neville.
Franklin Parish will likely go on the road in the first round of the playoffs but nothing becomes official until coaches meet in Baton Rouge later this week to determine playoff seeding.
Franklin Parish will likely be the only 2-4A team besides Neville and West Ouachita to qualify for the playoffs as Bastrop and Carroll are currently seem to be the odd teams out for this season. Bastrop is just 9-18 on the year. Carroll is winless this season.
Beginning with the 2010 season, the playoff bracket will be determined by a 1-32 power ranking system, similar to the current football and basketball playoff seeding.