Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Patriots sweep Carroll, finish season this week
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- December 2009 - 62 articles
- November 2009 - 62 articles
- October 2009 - 68 articles
- September 2009 - 77 articles
- August 2009 - 66 articles
- July 2009 - 49 articles
- June 2009 - 67 articles
- May 2009 - 58 articles
- April 2009 - 77 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 16 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 6 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 2009 - 69 articles
- February 2009 - 65 articles
- January 2009 - 59 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
|Patriots sweep Carroll, finish season this week|
The Franklin Parish Patriots (14-15, 6-6) won all four games they played last week and are poised to end the regular season this week on a real high note.
The Patriots beat the Rayville Hornets (5-16) early on in the week with a 4-3 decision. The win was the second this season for the Patriots over Rayville. Franklin Parish also beat Rayville 14-4 during a tournament in Winnsboro on March 12.
The Patriots, who had had struggled to score runs against West Ouachita the weekend prior to the Rayville game, again struggled to produce at the plate until midway through when they broke open the tight contest.
Franklin Parish really showed their offensive power on Thursday when they swept a three-game set from the Carroll Bulldogs (0-15, 0-9) during district 2-4A action.
Franklin Parish outscored Carroll 17-2 in the opener and won the final two games by scores of 15-0 each time.
The hit parade included multiple RBI performances from Jonathan and Christian Eaton as well as Ethan Bass, Jordan Temple, and Nick Williams.
The Patriots are in third-place now in district 2-4A with a 6-6 mark and have completed their district schedule.
West Ouachita leads Neville by one game at the top of the district with those two teams playing a three-game series this coming week beginning with a single game Thursday night and a double-header on Saturday.
Bastrop is fourth with a 1-8 record in district play. Carroll is 0-9 in district to finish in fifth-place.
Franklin Parish can likely not get better than third-place even with some district games still to be played by Neville and West Ouachita.
A pair of non-district games is tap for the Patriots this week. Franklin Parish visits Delhi Charter (12-8, 2-3) on Wednesday afternoon before battling the Oak Grove Tigers (11-14, 0-5) next Monday night in the final game of the regular season.