Story Archives: SeniorRx program offers pharmaceutical assistance
|SeniorRx program offers pharmaceutical assistance|
Loretta Young, coordinator for SeniorRx from the North Delta Agency will be the featured speaker at the Pilgrim Community Center on Monday, Jan. 19, 2009 at 6:30 p.m.
The SeniorRx program was established to link qualifying senior citizens or disabled adults 21 years of age and older with pharmaceutical assistance programs. The program does not supply free prescriptions, but provides assistance for accessing and applying for aid at a low cost.
Through Solutions to Poverty, in conjunction with Pilgrim Missionary Community Development Outreach Coalition, Young will provide information for any senior or disabled adult seeking assistance with prescriptions.
SeniorRx can provide assistance to:
• Seniors age 60 and older who are legal Louisiana Residents.
• Seniors with a chronic illness taking prescribed daily medications.
• Seniors who doo not have insurance covering medications.
• Seniors who have not voluntarily cancelled state/federal prescription drug program or a private reimbursement plan within six months.
• Seniors and adults 21 years of age and older with disabilities.
For more information, contact North Delta Area Agency on Agie SeniorRx Program at 318-387-2572 or visit SeniorRx on the web at www.louisianaseniors.org.