Story Archives: Mangham Dragons roll past Tensas 51-6
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 12 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Mangham Dragons roll past Tensas 51-6|
Mangham High took care of business early against lowly Tensas Parish Friday as the Dragons rolled Tensas 51-6.
"We were pleased with the way the kids came out and were focused," said Mangham coach Bo Meeks. "We preached all week about coming out and playing well and we felt they did. We gave up a big score early, but otherwise I felt like the kids executed well."
Mangham got on the scoreboard on its first possession as Josh Wilson passed six yards to Edward Blount.
But Tensas answered on a 48-yard TD pass play from Joshua Morris to Corey Brown to tie the game at 6-6.
Mangham answered with 8:31 remaining in the opening period as Wilson passed 34 yards to Montel Hardman for the score.
The Dragons then could not be stopped as Wilson passed nine yards to Michael Holland for the score and Shaquille Ausberry scored on a 20-yard run to give the Panthers a 33-6 advantage. Josh Wilson added a 1-yard run with 36 seconds remaining in the opening period to put Mangham up 39-6.
Mangham's final scores came on a 19-yard run by Jonathan Harris, 18-yard pass from Seth Parker to Richard Haynes in the second period.
Wilson was 10-of-15 for 140 yards and four TDs.
Mangham hosts Oak Grove Friday in a district contest.
Oak Grove defeated Delhi Charter in its district opener. The 4-3 Tigers have wins over Franklin Parish and Sterlington.
"One of our goals is to win a district championship and this game will go a long way towards that," Meeks said. "They have a very good football team and they are playing well now. They have played a tough schedule and so have we in preparing for district. We have to eliminate our mistakes and play fast."