Are you taking an out-of-state summer vacation?|
Story Archives: Franklin Academy Cougars fall to Claiborne
- 2013 - 384 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 12 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Franklin Academy Cougars fall to Claiborne|
Franklin Academy fell to 2-6 overall and 2-5 in District 6-A with a 45-8 loss to Claiborne Friday.
"We just didn't play well at all," said Franklin coach Keith Tincknell. "We didn't get the effort we were looking for and that's disappointing."
Franklin's only score came on a 2-yard runn by Shelby Ziegler.
"Anytime you win one it's good after you have been struggling so hard," said Claiborne coach Tommy Reeder. "We were finally able to move the ball a little bit, got some good blocking and played pretty good defense."
Franklin plays at Riverdale in Rayville Friday.
"They throw the ball 70 percent of the time, they sling it all over the place," Tincknell said. "They run a no-huddle offense. We feel like we match up well, we just have to get the effort out of our kids."
Franklin started the year with 32 players on varsity and junior varsity, but have lost nine to injuries.
"That's tough because we have kids learning new positions," he said. "Hopefully we can come out of this game healthy. We just need to play within our system. We haven't won as many games as wanted to coming in, but the kids still have a lot to play for and we still have two games remaining."