Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Salute to Franklin Parish farmers set for Oct. 21
- 2013 - 320 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 15 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 12 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 1 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Salute to Franklin Parish farmers set for Oct. 21|
The Winnsboro-Franklin Parish Chamber of Commerce proudly salutes the backbone of our parish economy and will host their Annual Salute to Franklin Parish Farmers on Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2008. The event will be held at the Winnsboro First Baptist Church gymnasium on Highland Street from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
This year's event will feature live entertainment by the folk group, Back Porch and the auctioning of the parish's first bale of cotton for 2008. Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture, Dr. Mike Strain will also be on hand to discuss issues concerning everyone. Parish merchants have donated many door prizes to be given away and a Louisiana farm-raised catfish dinner with all the trimmings will be served.
Complimentary tickets are provided for farmers and spouses, and tickets for non-farmers are $10 each. Call the Chamber office at 435-4488 to reserve tickets or for more information. RSVP required by Oct. 17.
Hosted by the Winnsboro-Franklin Parish Chamber of Commerce, this year's salute is sponsored by Franklin Parish Farm Bureau. Co-sponsors for the event include Entergy, Franklin Cotton Warehouse, Franklin State Bank and Trust Company, Helena Farm Chemicals and Scott Tractor Company of Rayville.
The Chamber would like to invite the community to take part in this casual evening with friends to honor the farmers of Franklin Parish.