Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Lady Cougars place second
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 6 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 10 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Lady Cougars place second|
For the second straight year, Franklin Academy's Lady Cougars advanced to the Class A state championship game, only to fall one game short of the title, losing to Bayou Academy for the second straight year.
Bayou defeated the Lady Cougars 3-0 in Jackson Saturday.
Franklin managed only four hits off the Lady Colts.
Franklin reached the finals by defeating Delta 8-2. Emily Collins and Katy Little held Delta to two hits, while combining for nine strikeouts.
Savannah Shipman had four RBIs in the contest.
Franklin blanked Wilkinson County Christian Academy 10-0 in its second contest.
Collins held the Lady Rams to one hit.
Mallory Welch brought in two runs with her bat.
Franklin advanced to the championship game with a 3-0 win over North Delta Academy.
Little allowed two hits and struck out 10.
Mallory Welch and Ariel Gill had two hits each, while Sydni Wollerson drove in a run.
Franklin, 37-9-1, advances to the Overall Championship at Mississippi College in Clinton, Ms., this weekend. The top two teams in each class compete in the overall tournament.