Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Franklin falls to Huntington
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 6 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 10 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Franklin falls to Huntington|
Huntington scored two touchdowns in the first and second quarters on its way to a 40-14 win over Franklin Friday in Winnsboro.
Kevin Brown started off the scoring for the Hounds, going in from three yards out.
"Huntington is big, fast and strong," said Franklin coach Keith Tincknell. "They are the best team we've faced this year by far. They are well-coached. We got a couple of turnovers, but couldn't capitalize on them."
Huntington's Josh Lee scored one of his four touchdowns later in the quarter, going in from five yards out.
Lee added TD runs of 1 and 4 yards in the second period as Huntington led 26-0 at halftime.
Jeremy Randall, who had 138 yards on 18 carries, scored his first touchdown in the second half, going in from nine yards out on the Hounds' first possession of the third period.
Franklin got on the board in the third period as
Lee scored on a 50-yard run midway through the final period before hooked up again Joey Roberts passed for 95 yards in the win, while Lee finished with 100 yards.
Tyler Pere´ caught four passes for 51 yards.
In junior varsity action, Franklin defeated Huntington, 22-8.
Colton Monnin rushed for two touchdowns and passed for another.
Monnin had 67 yards on 10 carries and completed a 24-yard TD pass to Chris Hassell.
Skylar Rush had five tackles for losses as the junior Cougars held the junior Hounds to minus-10 yards in total offense in the second half.
Franklin had an open date before facing defending state champion Glenbrook on October 10.
"The open date comes at a good time," Tincknell said. "We should have everybody healthy and this will be the first time our starting unit will be on the field at one time."