Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Franklin falls to WCCA
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 6 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 10 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Franklin falls to WCCA|
Wilkinson County Christian Academy scored two touchdowns in the final
quarter to defeat Franklin Academy 22-6 Friday in Woodville.
"We gave up a couple of big plays, but other than that we rounded them
up pretty good," said Franklin coach Keith Tincknell. "We just have to
do a better job of not turning the ball over. We haven't won the battle
of turnovers yet in any of our games."
After a scoreless first quarter, WCCA got on the boardin the second
period on a 23-yard field goal by Todd Gonda.
Gonda extended the Rams' lead with a 62-yard run wth 2:03 remaining in
the first half.
Gonda accounted for WCCA's next TD as he intercepted a pass and
returned it 74 yards for the score.
"We had some pressure and that's just one of the things we have to work
on," Tincknell said. "That was a 14-point swing. But we fought to the
The final Ram touchdown came on a 71-yard run by Tip McKenzie.
Franklin Academy got on the board with 45 seconds remaining as Dusty
Barefield and Shelby Ziegler teamed up on a 51-yard TD pass play.
We gave up big play couple cutbacks other than that rounded them up
Franklin hosts Huntington Friday.
"They are very explosive," Tincknell said. "We cannot turn the ball
over and we need to keep it out of their hands and keep them off the
field as much as possible."
In junior varisty action Thursday, Franklin remained unbeaten with a
22-16 win over WCCA.
Chris Hassell rushed for 76 yards with a touchdown, while Paul Ramirez
had 63 yards and a score and Colton Monnin added 58 yards and a
touchdown and 2-point conversion.
Alan Michael Evans and Walker Magee had fumble recoveries.
The junior Cougars clinched the District 6A East title and will host
the East champion.