Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Mangham passes Madison, 32-26
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 6 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 10 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Mangham passes Madison, 32-26|
After falling to Madison Parish 32-26 in overtime last year, Mangham
High left no doubt about the outcome this year, defeating the Jaguars
21-0 in Tallulah Friday.
"Losing that game last year was tough on us," said Mangham coach Bo
The Dragons picked up 14 power points for the win, 10 for the victory
and four for beating a team two classes higher.
Mangham scored a touchdown each in the second, third and fourth
quarters as quarterback Josh Wilson scored on TD runs of one and four
yards and passed seven yards to Michael Holland for the score.
Wilson finished completing 16-of-29 passes with no interceptions for
203 yards, while Holland caught 10 passes for 147 yards.
"Josh was sharp all night and he and Michael made some big plays,"
Meeks said. "But we still left a couple of scores out there."
Edward Blunt carried the ball eight times for 77 yards.
Mangham takes on another 3A team this week when the Dragons visit
Vidalia, who is coached by Mangham graduate Dee Faircloth.
"They are fast and very athletic," he said. "We're going to have to try
and slow them down a little bit. They played well against Ferriday and
played Ouachita Christian well for a half. We are going to have to
protect the football and make sure tackles on defense."