Are you keeping your New Year's resolutions?|
Story Archives: Comedian-magician to perform at Princess Theatre
- 2013 - 334 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 6 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 10 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Comedian-magician to perform at Princess Theatre|
On Saturday, Sept. 20 the Princess Theatre will present the sixth event of the season with the comedy and magic of Glenn Strange.
"This will be a wonderful, wholsome, family event", said theatre executive director Gene Thompson. "We try very hard during the year to bring diverse productions to the Princess, and Glenn Strange will certainly fill the bill."
Yes, "Strange" is his name ... his real name. Over 25 years ago, Glenn found a magic shop. Forty eight hours later, he had business cards, and (as he puts it) was dangerous. He had discovered a tool (magic) that had given him a reason to be funny in public. Up until that time he had only been funny for friends, family, and coworkers, behind closed doors. He started out by performing for kid's birthday parties .... or anyone else that would stand still for two or more minutes.
Today, Glenn's funny business specializes in providing quality entertaining programs for corporations, and associations all over the United States. His interactive program uses comedy, magic, with true life humorous stories to make people laugh, feel good about themselves, and look at their life in a bit of a "Strange" way. Glenn says, "Laughter is a gift known only to humans. No other animal can experience the feelings we receive when we're laughing with our friends, our families, or even in a theater of total strangers. Laughter crosses all boundaries, without regards to age, gender, or language." Glenn and his wife, Rita, live in Spartanburg, SC.
The presentation will be Saturday, Sept. 20 at 7:00 p.m. Ticket price is by season membership or $15 for ages 13 and above and $10 for ages 12 and under. For more information contact the theatre at 318-435-6299 or by email at email@example.com.
"Programs of the Princess Theatre are supported by a grant from the Louisiana Division of the Arts in cooperation with the Louisiana State Arts Council as administered by the Northeast Louisiana Arts."