Are you taking an out-of-state summer vacation?|
Story Archives: Eagles over Dragons, 51-29
- 2013 - 385 articles
- 2012 - 1160 articles
- 2011 - 1177 articles
- 2010 - 810 articles
- 2009 - 779 articles
- 2008 - 949 articles
- December 2008 - 88 articles
- November 2008 - 73 articles
- October 2008 - 71 articles
- September 2008 - 91 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 18 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 6 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 17 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 13 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 7 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 10 articles
- August 2008 - 98 articles
- July 2008 - 98 articles
- June 2008 - 60 articles
- May 2008 - 66 articles
- April 2008 - 108 articles
- March 2008 - 70 articles
- February 2008 - 48 articles
- January 2008 - 78 articles
|Eagles over Dragons, 51-29|
Getting into a shootout is the last thing you want to do against a team like Ouachita Christian.
But Mangham had very little choice after the Eagles scored two quick touchdowns on its way to a 51-29 win over the Dragons.
"Once we got down by two scores it was tough," said Mangham coach Bo Meeks. "We're to a point where we have to come out and play 48 minutes."
OCS scored on its first series as Glenn Marshall scored on a 44-yard run.
Following a Dragon fumble, Eagle quarterback Jacob Davis scored on a 40-yard run
"Things don't always work out the way you have them drawn up, but forunately we got some big plays early and caught Mangham off balance," said OCS coach Steven Fitzhugh. "The turnover helped us get early momentum."
Mangham got some momentum of its own on the ensuing kickoff as Soloman Ward returned the kick 93 yards for a touchdown.
OCS answered back with a 12-yard score by senior Matt Kennedy, increasing the Eagles' lead to 21-6.
Josh Wilson, who completed 24-of-37 passes for 190 yards, scored on a 2-yard run at the end of teh first quarter to pull the Dragons to within 21-14.
The Eagles used a 51-yard pass from Kennedy to Marshall to increase its lead early in the second period.
OCS found the end zone again when Davis threw to Marshall for a 28-yard score, stretching OCS' lead 35-14.
Davis passeed to Kennedy for a 91-yard pass-run play for a 42-14 advantage.
Mangham added to their score, getting a late second quarter touchdown from Josh Wilson to Montrel Hardman, cutting the Eagles' lead 42-21.
Mangham found the end zone once more in the fourth period when Wilson found Micheal Holland for the touchdown.
"We've got to improve on defense, be more physical and not turn the ball over," Meeks said.
Mangham hosts Bernice Friday.
"Bernice is low on numbers, but they have athletes at skilled positions," Meeks said. "We need to try and wear them down and get something positive going early."